FINRA’s May 2017 Podcast for Broker-Dealers
FINRA’s May 2017 podcast covers these timely FINRA related topics of interest to broker-dealers.
Request for Comment:
1) FINRA’s retrospective review of the rules governing outside business activities and private securities transactions.
2) FINRA’s new initiative to evaluate various aspects of its operations and programs to identify opportunities to more effectively further its mission. FINRA solicited comments on its current engagement programs.
3) FINRA’s new initiative—called FINRA360—evaluates various aspects of its operations and programs to identify opportunities to more effectively further its mission. FINRA seeks comment on the effectiveness and efficiency of its rules, operations and administrative processes governing broker-dealer activities related to the capital-raising process and their impact on capital formation.
4) FINRA’s proposed amendments to FINRA Rule 5110 (Corporate Financing Rule – Underwriting Terms and Arrangements) to modernize Rule 5110 and to simplify and clarify its provisions.
5) FINRA’s proposed amendments to FINRA Rule 2241 (Research Analysts and Research Reports) and FINRA Rule 2242 (Debt Research Analysts and Debt Research Reports) to create a limited safe harbor for specified brief, written analysis distributed to eligible institutional investors that comes from sales and trading or principal trading personnel but that may rise to the level of a research report (desk commentary).
17-16: FINRA Requests Comment on Proposed Limited Safe Harbor From FINRA Equity and Debt Research Rules for Desk Commentary; Comment Period Expires: July 14, 2017
17-15: FINRA Requests Comment on Proposed Amendments to the FINRA Corporate Financing Rule; Comment Period Expires: July 14, 2017
17-14: FINRA Requests Comment on FINRA Rules Impacting Capital Formation; Comment Period Expires: July 14, 2017
3/21/17: FINRA Requests Comment on Potential Enhancements to Certain Engagement Programs; Comments Due: June 19, 2017
Reminder to member firms to submit their 2017 Risk Control Assessment (RCA) survey due June 16, 2017
5/23/17: Upcoming FINRA Board of Governors Elections; Petitions for Candidacy Due: July 7, 2017
FINRA’s Web CRD Training and Support
FINRA’s Upcoming Conferences
About the SDDco Group
Formed in 1952, the SDDco Group (www.sddco.com) delivers outsourced professional support to the financial services and technology sectors. Our menu of professional services includes accounting, regulatory and tax compliance, AML testing, brokerage hosting and supervision, as well as assuming designated FinOp, CCO, and CFO roles. To connect with SDDCO:
- Call Us: 212-751-4422
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask Us: contact form